Get ready to proclaim your alliance to the mighty First Order at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge!
Disney World is truly the happiest place on earth, and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land at Hollywood Studios does not disappoint. Visiting Star Wars land is like being in a movie. Even as an adult, I was captivated. The creators did an excellent job of making you feel the complete Star Wars experience.
Although I had a great time, some things would have made my experience a bit more enjoyable. Here are a few tips for you to have the BEST experience.
1. If your main reason for going to Hollywood Studios theme park is to see Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land, I suggest heading straight to the back towards the attraction as soon as you arrive. When you get to Hollywood Studios, it’s exhilarating, and you will feel like you’re in a movie, but please go straight to the attraction once you enter the park. You can look around, take pictures, and shop later. We arrived around 10 am and still had to wait two and a half hours, but by the time we were out of the line, the size of the line had quadrupled. Trust me on this one!
2. Get ready for the ride of your life in the Millennium Falcon– an interactive simulation galaxy ride in a space ship. There are three positions to choose from pilot, engineer, and gunner. Get a fast pass for Millennium Falcon as soon as fast passes are available. You can start reserving fast passes 60 days in advance if you are staying at a Disney resort. If you are not staying at a Disney resort, you can book fast passes 30 days in advance. I recommend scheduling your fast pass for the earliest time slot because it gets busier later in the day. Keep in mind that fast pass reservations still have to wait, but if you have a fast pass, you may not have to wait as long. The ride Rise of The Resistance does not currently offer a fast pass.
3. Meet & take pictures with cast members if you can. Currently, you cannot make an appointment to take photos with the characters, but they are walking around the park. They are on the go to their next mission, but if you can catch them, it is worth it. My biggest suggestion is to have your camera ready at all times.
4. Take advantage of extra magic hours. Extra magic hours are a perk for guests staying at Walt Disney World Resorts and participating hotels. The park will either open early or close late so that guests can enjoy select attractions.
5. If you have children from the ages of 4-12, they can train in the ways of the Force alongside Jedi knights at the Jedi Training Academy. They will later compete with Star Wars villains in the ultimate battle against good and evil. Currently, registration occurs at the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost. You must be present at the time of registration, registration beings when the park opens for the day.
6. Have a drink at Oga’s Cantina, and you will feel your mouth and lips go numb. Trust me, it is a blast!! I would also suggest making a dinner reservation online before your visit. For adults, there are alcoholic beverages offered. There is also another restaurant that I did not get to try- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo. They offer American cuisine, and you can check out the menu online.
7. Come prepared to shop. There are many shops, and you can buy everything from antiques, magnets, exotic creatures, apparel, toys, and more.
8. Have fun! It’s truly the happiest place on earth. They truly outdid themselves with the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attraction.
Please see Disneyworld.com for the most up to date information, and closings due to COVID-19.
Have you been to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land? What was your favorite thing to do at the attraction?