Lempuyang Temple is Bali’s oldest temple and sits 1,775 m above sea level. It is one of 6 main temples that is believed to be the pillars of Bali. From the temple, you can see Mount Agung. Here are five tips to make your trip more enjoyable.
1. Go early-This is probably the best tip. I arrived at 6:45 am and waited for 2 hours. If you know me, then you know that I sat on my butt eating Doritos while someone waited in line for me. Also, if you have a guide or significant other, they can wait for you. My driver waited for me. By the time I left at 8:45, the size of the line had doubled.
2. Sarongs-Everyone is required to wear a sarong covering their bottom half. Shoulders must be covered as well. They will provide one for you. If you’re going with a specific color scheme, then I suggest bringing your own. I was wearing white, so I brought a white sarong to wear.
3. Donations-There is no set fee to enter. They accept donations. You have to write your name, country, and donation amount in a book. The average donation that I saw was 20,000 IDR.
4. Go to the bathroom-I highly suggest using the bathroom first, especially if you are traveling solo.
5. Follow the rules-The rules are posted at the entrance, and in the waiting area. Read! It’s best to be respectful & follow the rules. If not, they will most certainly address it, and rightfully so. One of the regulations is no kissing. A couple reached the gate, and their first pose was a beautiful kiss. Locals quickly told them to stop. Their second pose was a yoga position. Locals advised them again that the pose wasn’t allowed. At this point, they were disrespectful and wasting everyone’s time.
Have you been to Lempuyang Temple? If you have any additional tips, please list them in the comments.